Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday Already???

That weekend FLEW by. I really don't remember anything about it other than that I DID NOT GET MY LIST OF PENFRIENDS. I am starting to think it is a conspiracy at this point.

Not much happened over the weekend to blog about. I am really close to getting my son's blanket done. I must admit, it is a nice blanket. I am on the border now and it's necessary for me to make it wider than I normally would because of the size of this blanket. My goal is to finish it tonight.

Sunday was an awesome day as it was the return of MLB!! Woohoo! I love BASEBALL. Can't get enough of it on TV. I got a kick out of watching President Bush throw out the first ball and then listen to him chatting later on with the announcers (Joe Morgan & Jon Miller). He got a lot of "boos" from the crowd in Washington. Can't say I blame anyone as the war in Iraq just seems, well, pointless at this stage. I am not happy about THAT part of his presidency.

Thanks to Mama I have something to blog!!!!! Here ya go!!!

NAME ONE THING YOU DO EVERY DAY

I always try very hard to see the positive side of everything. I never like to assume the worst, but the best.

NAME FIVE THINGS OR PEOPLE THAT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD

Dumpster - my cat. When I look at her I see nothing but love. She always seems very happy to see me. She and I have our own way of communicating. She stays mostly upstairs. When I am up there she is with me. We play little games and it's a routine for her. I think she looks forward to them as much as I do.

Dolly - my horse and my horsemanship. Dolly gives me so much joy. Just being near her is an honor to me. When she gives me attention I am overwhelmed by her affection. I know I probably personalize her more than is really there, but to me she is a sweet, loving, gentle animal that loves me just as much back. For me, riding is a freedom I can't explain. It's the most amazing feeling to be astride a horse and being able to feel your way to making them go where you want, when you want, how fast you want. It's a discovering of yourself nothing else has ever taught me.

Crocheting - I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this in my life. I cannot express to you how much completeness I get in my life when I am holding my crochet hook and yarn. I get butterflies in the pit of my stomach when I see yarn. I love making things and I love it when someone says, "Can I have that?" I swear, inside I do flip-flops.

Naps - I could take one every single day. I love lying down on a cool clean sheet and then covering up with either the blanket I am making or another one I have completed. The room doesn't have to be dark for me to crash out. I can sleep anywhere, any time.

Being with my husband. I truly believe he and I are soulmates. We have fun together and I think he is so sexy and hot - like the first time I saw him and those first times we were together. I still get that feeling inside when I am with him.

NAME FOUR THINGS YOU LOVE TO EAT BUT RARELY DO

Lemon bars. I love the tanginess of them. I cannot eat just one and if I were to make them at home I would end up eating the entire pan because no one else likes them but me. They remind me of my Mom because she used to make lemon pie all the time.

Chocolate frosting. It's addicting. I don't make cake, so I never have to worry about buying or making frosting. If I buy a can of it at the store when I get it home I have to open the container and taste it.

Chili. I could eat this all the time but my family forbids me to make it often.

Hot Fudge. Along the same lines as the chocolate frosting.. If it's in the house, it doesn't last long. I feel it calling to me from the frig. I will open the jar and take a big spoonful. Before long the jar is empty and I don't remember eating it all.

NAME THREE THINGS THAT REMIND YOU OF CHILDHOOD

Biscuits and gravy, Elvis and lawnmowers

NAME TWO THINGS YOU WISH YOU COULD LEARN

I wish I could learn to play an instrument in a very short period of time and play it well.

I wish I could learn to understand the business world and finances better.

1 comment:

birdman said...

driving... I thought it was drinking at first and I would totally agree... I love naps too!!!!