Friday, March 14, 2008

Sticky Buns

No, not mine... I love the real thing - sticky buns. A cinnamon roll covered in pecans is my idea of THE best pastry in the world. Believe it or not, Stater Bros. makes the best sticky buns I've found in CA. It's sort of hit and miss though with Stater Bros. You can go in there one day and see them lined up nicely, just ready to be eaten by me. But that will be the day I'm strongwilled, pass them by and pat myself on the back for not indulging. Then when I have been good all week and decide I'll treat myself to just one yummy, oooey-gooey sticky bun Stater Bros. across the Inland Empire will not have them. Oh no, some brainiac pastry clerk decided TODAY they would make something different - cinnamon rolls covered in maple icing with pecans. (Or was it a conspiracy of all the pastry clerks across all Stater Bros. in the IE? Kind of makes you go "Hmmmmmm.") Now, I am a fan of maple icing. Don't get me wrong. On the right donut that is the way to go, but not on a supposed to be sticky bun. Don't do it! For the love of God man! Where is your humanity????I had to settle for a Krispy Kreme. I decided since I was going to all that trouble I would buy enough to share so I brought in 2 dozen. Good deed done for the day!

I have decided to create a separate blog for my new penfriend gig. It's here http://www.wrider2ipf.blogspot.com/ but don't go there yet as it isn't done and there's nothing there. I'll let you know when it's ready. I'm getting excited about finding out who I will be writing to. When I was a member before I had friends in Estonia and Lithuania. I found them fascinating. They were likewise fascinated with me and my life in the US. They were interested in my military career and how a woman would choose that lifestyle with a child. I remember sending one an afghan I made. She was so touched that she told me she couldn't possibly give me anything that equaled that and I never heard from her again. I'm not sure if she broke off the friendship or if something else happened, but really made me wonder. I never found out. I asked a lot of people, too. People that might know something about that culture. Most said they didn't think that would cause her not to write me anymore, but they weren't sure... I lost touch with all the others as well. Not because of me not writing, but because of them not writing. I wonder if that means I got boring?

Anyway I figured with that other blog I would list my penfriends and post pics when I got them and share interesting tidbits about their lives. That way, if you are not interested, you don't have to read about it on this blog.

I am in training today from 1-5. Meeting the DH for lunch and then going to class at the TEM campus. I am in the MUR campus. The training is for a program that lets me have access to back end logins for particular training sites our users access. It will help with my trouble shooting duties.

I emptied the old Metzvah inbox and read box. We are starting fresh!


Inbox: 0 / Read: 1

If I come across anthing worth mentioning, I will. Stand by!


SONG OF THE DAY: "Things That Never Cross a Man's Mind" by Kellie Pickler. Yes, she is the blonde from AI fame. She has done pretty well for herself even though she didn't win Idol, finished 6th. I really like the way she sings and I think she has a great range of vocals. Her songs don't all sound alike. I cranked it up on my in this morning. Yay, it's Friday! To a working girl that means a lot!!! Sorry, no video or audio available for the song, but here's a cute pic I found of her! She got a boob job!


2 comments:

the mama said...

sticky buns.... mmmmmmmmmmmm.....

birdman said...

hahahha - sticky buns!!!

but hey is good but I prefer my rolls with out the crunch!!!

THe frosting on alberstons cinnamon rolls is YUMMY!!!