Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Time change sucks hind tit

Would you like me to tell you how I really feel about this friggin time change??? Or does that title say it all? Man, I woke up this morning and thought to myself, "There is no friggin way it's time for me to get up!" But it was. The alarm clock might be f'd up but no way the Verizon cell phone is. I felt like a zombie getting in the shower and then attempting to dry my hair. I'm not even sure I really match today!!! I heard on the radio yesterday that for two weeks your body is trying to figure this out. Combine that with every other living soul across the country and you've got a recipe for disaster. This morning as I was driving in I was being extra careful because 1) I wasn't really awake and 2) I figured no one else was either. Sure enough, I watched cars swerving into other lanes, stop suddenly when they realized they were approaching a red light - just stuff like that. A claims adjuster's nightmare.

I know none of you probably follow anything on the Country music channels, but they had this reality show called "Gone Country". Have you heard of it? John Rich (from the duo Big & Rich) was the host. Basically what the format was they took non-country music singers and tried to make them into a country singer. Now, I didn't follow the show because as a rule I despise reality shows, but yesterday I saw the winner had been determined and I could view their new country video! I had to check it out. John Rich selected singer Julio Iglesias, Jr. Honestly, it is probably one of the worst if not the WORST video I have ever seen or song I have ever heard - across any genre. It certainly is not country by any stretch of the imagination. I look at the video and try to figure out was he really the BEST candidate or was John Rich drunk or high or suffering from pre-time change syndrome?? According to the country music station I listen to on my way to work, John was definitely under the influence of SOMETHING. Here is a link to the video. I warn you - it sucks big time. As a country music fan I am embarrassed!!!!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/julio-iglesias-jr/214388/the-way-i-want-you.jhtml?cid=21&sid=24232&eid=128233&did=

Sorry, I couldn't figure how the hell to inbed the video. If after watching this you feel the need to poke your eyes out with a fork, I can't say I blame you.

Let's move on....

OK, I am not going to say much about this but I have to at least comment... I am not happy about any of the candidates for President. I am curious to know who McCain will select as his running mate. If he were smart I think he would choose Huckabee, since he was my first choice for President. I also like Ron Paul, even though he apparently is just so not a team player for the political parties he really had some good ideas. Hey, I would love nothing more for the Dems cries of "I will get us out of debt and out of Iraq" to be a reality, but who are they kidding? It's not that easy and everyone knows that. I'm not happy about Hillary being in charge of my health care either. And I'm not convinced Obama is the right man for this job - period.

I mentioned this to Mama yesterday and she thinks I'm nuts. Maybe I am. What do you think? Years ago (1985-1991) I had 24 pen friends from all over the world. I loved writing to these people. They were so amazing and interesting. You can imagine that keeping up with 24 people was very time consuming - it's all done thru snail mail. Being the OCD type personality I am, I kept a very meticulous record of each, making a copy of the letters I sent to them so I would know when I heard back from them what I had written, had a world map with push-pins - you catch my drift. For some reason I have had the bug to do this again. I found out the agency is still very much alive with now over 7 million members. Do I go for it or am I asking for trouble? Do I wait until I am settled in Ohio?

Song of the Day: "Living Hard" by Gary Allen. Title song of his new CD. The line out of it that rocks is "Rolling like a stone, startin to look like Dylan". How do they think of this stuff??

3 comments:

birdman said...

i agree with you on everything wrider.. . the time chagne.. ughh

the candidates... again who you find least troubling... for me - cant be a dem until they drop the national health care- it will destroy this country... our culture lifestyles etc. are not like the countries where this kinda works (and no - it sucks in canada....) plus those countreis have almost 0 population growth and no immigration problems.. it just will not work here....

That song blows.. just adding slide guitar to a spanish song does not make it country... can anyone tell me why spanish singers alwyas have to have a spanish flavor to their songs..?? I dont get it.. it's like they are trying to hard and trying to force people to listen to part of the culture.. I guess cause I dont see me being Irish defining me at all... so not into "my culture" being me..

the mama said...

OK - i could not even get through the video it was so bad. his brother enrique is much hotter than him... but sings about the same. very badly!!

i heard somewhere that it takes two weeks for you body to figure out the time change.... UGH!! only plus is that it is NOT dark when i get out of math class now... that is THE only plus. i am so tired i can hardly type straight!

the mama said...

hey i just noticed all the new vintage cowgirl pictures. very cool!