Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Walking

I have started walking again and I love it. For those of you that don't know I was an avid walker/runner years ago. Never fast, mind you - but distance was my thing. I remembered how much enjoyment I got out of walking and decided before I invest money into the Boot Camp thing I will try to walk first. So far I have walked every day and have loved it. I am walking thru neighborhoods I have never been in before. I like doing this because I get to see how everyone takes care of their homes, count the empty ones in foreclosure and get some nifty landscaping ideas all at the same time. So far no dogs have attacked. That's always a plus.

Friday I will be hitting the local yarn shop for another knitting/crochet club night. I will take my personal blanket I started since it's neat and the easy.. I found out yesterday during my 1:1 with my manager (S) that she just started to learn to knit. I was thrilled! She is doing such a great job, too.

I got my lariat in the mail Monday. Tonight is Horse Day - I didn't go yesterday - so I am looking forward to giving it a try. It's stiffer than an ordinary rope so it does take some working in and talent to throw it, but I think it's kind of cool.

There is a slight chance I will be going to Chicago in early May on business. :-)

My cousins and Aunt are planning a trip to England/Ireland sometime. I am thinking about going with them.

Still no list from the Pen Friends... I did write them a letter along with a copy of the cancelled check. I haven't lost hope.

IPOD SONG OF THE BLOG: "Something to Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt

4 comments:

birdman said...

i have done hte same thing while riding my bike - just cruise through all those hoods near you that you never go into.. I love it too

AvMan said...

I love walking also. I wish i did it more often. i'm going to have to make a point to do it more. By the way, Turn the Page is a great song. I love the line "You pretend it doesnt bother you, but you just want to explode. Most times you cant hear em talk, other times you can."

birdman said...

AV - you totally surprise me with the Bonnie Raitt knowledge.. is there no end to your boundaries of taste?? hahahha

the mama said...

walking is my favorite form of exercise... i love just walking and listening to tunes. wrider, you may have inspired me to start up again.

you will always have me as a pen friend!!

i think that is the only bonnie raitt song i know. i always dug it.