Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Uncovering a poser

I apologize for my delay in posting. I have been busy since we got back from Havasu working on finishing up a Cincy Bearcats bag I thought was going to be shipped this Friday. Today I found out that the October Craft Fair has been cancelled, so I actually have some breathing room now to build up my inventory a little more for the December Craft Fair which is a sure thing.

Unfortunately while we were in Havasu we did have one bad experience... In a nutshell we met a guy who is a poser. Now first off I gotta say it's pretty damn ballsy to even pretend to be a Marine and talk crap in the presence of two Retired Marines. That didn't stop this wanna be. We met him through a mutual friend. He invited us into his house where he has a corner of his den as a showplace for some photos, a uniform, and promotion warrants. The more he talked the more things weren't adding up. The Dh and I looked at each other every now and then. He was thinking exactly what I was - no way. So when we got back home we both started doing some research on our own and found some pretty amazing stuff on this guy. He has a reputation for being a poser - as a football coach, author, football player, and who knows what else. The Marine part bothers us though. Claiming to have personal awards is a serious charge in any military person's mind. We are gathering facts and then will see what happens. More to follow...

Work has been very busy with RAM upgrades and such. Makes for a fun day and for the first time I really felt like I knew what I was doing today. That was a good feeling. It's pretty amazing how quickly the GySgt comes back when talking to Marines.

Monday is my birthday. I will be 46. Not making a huge deal out of it. Just dinner with the Dh and daughter. That's enough for me!

SONG OF THE BLOG: "No Boundaries" by Kris Allen

No comments: