Friday, September 11, 2009

Must be getting old

I'm sitting here tonight with a headache. It's almost midnight and I am waiting for the Tylenol to kick in before I attempt to crash. Went to The Yardhouse with coworkers tonight. I knew ahead of time I would be the DD, so after my regular two Guinness, I settled in. Except I never really "settled". Watching my coworkers around me was so boring. For some reason I couldn't get into a single conversation. Maybe it was because I wasn't buzzed or drunk and they all were? Perhaps. But it also just didn't feel like ME. Nothing much does these days. I feel like I am sitting somewhere between two plains - not quite wholly in either one, a foot in both. Makes a Libra very uncomfortable. I hope this ends soon. Don't think I can rush it along. Don't think I can just go numb until it passes either. I just gotta suck it up and ride it out. I should have realized the ride was nowhere near finished. Not sure what made me think I could get off that easy. No part of my life that has turned out well has ever been easy. Approaching 46 - yes, forty six - seems paramount. I suppose for me it is. I was chatting with a kid tonight that's half my age. HALF. When I was drinking a beer (probably a Guinness) at age 23 he was just an infant. Ouch. Talk about feeling old.

So there I was sitting in my seat at the table, next to the birthday girl, using my straw to play in my watered down Coke. Yeah, that was my fun. OK, maybe I was being a party pooper. Maybe I was already in a foul mood when I got there. But it doesn't take much to keep me entertained when you put a Guinness in my hand and engage me in some 1) interesting conversation, 2) innocent flirting, and 3) not so innocent flirting. LOL Just kidding. Anyway, I just wasn't feeling it tonight. Either I didn't want to be social or I was with the wrong crowd or both. Who knows?

The headache started and escalated within 15 minutes. The pain behind my eyes was so intense I was squinting. The dim lights weren't helping either. The BBQ chicken salad was bland. My Coke was watery. I had to roll out of there.

Tomorrow's plans are unclear at this time. The DH is working in the AM. I might go for a walk or hit the gym and then come home to crochet some. Never and the Guys are up in Lemore for the weekend on a run. Club business so no women allowed.

Totally forgot to mention the season opener of SOA. It was pretty intense. Wait, did I already mention this? Damn, I can't remember.

SONG OF THE BLOG: "Toes" by The Zac Brown Band

No comments: