Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Keeping the dream alive

Today I spent a good deal of time on my 1200 just getting used to downshifting and slowing my speed when approaching a light or stop sign. It's a much better way than constantly using the brakes, but it is a thought process (at least for me it is!) and doesn't come natural - yet! I had another great day of riding. My goal is to steadily increase my ride time so that when I do ride with a club it won't be too much of a shock to my body.

I have been thinking a lot lately about life and why we are really here and what it is that we are supposed to do while we are here. Yeah, I know - that's pretty darn deep. I just wish I knew what was the right answer and what will make me not regret anything once my life is over. It's difficult when you are faced with temptations and choices. You wanna be a stand up person and always do the right thing, but the right thing for who exactly? Are we only to think of others in our choices? Are we allowed to have selfish thoughts? Does that make you a bad person if you do? Who do you balance your meter against? Someone who is doing what's right all the time or someone who crosses the lines and blurs the boundaries? I don't think wanting more makes me a bad person and I'm only as good as I gotta be. What say you?

Today the DH and I stopped in to Annie's for breakfast and Bob was there. This was the first time he has seen my bike, so I was rather nervous about his reaction. He offered to go with me when I went to look for one, but it just worked out that I never made that call. I think he was genuinely pleased with my choice and complimented me several times. He is a former Marine and just recently was accepted into the Vietnam Vets/Legacy Vets MC. I think I mentioned this to you in a previous post. Anyway, they don't accept females and I can respect that, although if there was one club I would love to join it would be the Legacy Vets. I did join the HOG today though, so that's really exciting. =)

On a craft note, I got a convo from a woman in Brea who happened across my USMC blanket on Etsy. Her and her hubby are former Marines and she would like for me to make a blanket for him - LAPD SWAT. I'm pretty excited about that! She needs it by May.

We bought the stroller for the grandson today. It's being shipped to her mother's house, where the baby shower will be held. I called her today and she seemed nice enough and genuinely excited about the baby.

Here is another blog to check out.... Sora's Designs

SONG OF THE BLOG: "That Don't Make Me A Bad Guy" by Toby Keith - which is where I got my philosophy line in paragragh two. So blame Toby for my bad behavior! =)

No comments: