Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Compared to Hero...

...my blog is totally gonna suck. Thanks for setting that friggin bar so high, Hero! Birdman comes in a very close second with his family trips to extremely cool places and secret control rooms with monitors and moon rovers. Geez, can't a girl get a break on this blogging thing? Ever??

It's Tuesday. I totally woke up this morning thinking - no wait - KNOWING it was Wednesday. For some reason last night seemed to go on forever. I think I had about 5 dreams and I remember them all. Weird. They weren't x-rated Birdman, so don't even ask if I was having a hot, steamy love scene with Angelina Jolie. They were just very vivid, very clear - detailed in every way. At one pointI dreamt about riding my horse and doing everything perfect that she and I have been working on. Considering this is horse day that gives me a lot of confidence that today she will sidepass without flaw, that I will be able to que her well for our bend and sends and that when I throw my rope over her head today she will 1) stay planted on the ground and NOT do a High Ho Silver imitation and 2) stop and back up even a step.

The youngest son is coming along. He doesn't want to take the test for the military again just yet. He is working almost every day, even though one of his jobs is security at a Huka Bar. It's about 5 miles from our house and pretty popular. They have live bands and of course, Huka. He doesn't get paid in cash, but gets meals and of course, Huka. But he's doing better - thank you GOD.

I still haven't heard a peep from the International Pen Friend organization regarding my list. My letter should be in their office now, but who knows when or what they will do when and if they read it. Part of me is just so disappointed I feel let down. The other part of me is angry as hell and I want my $20 back! The problem is there is no way to talk to these people on the phone or through email. The only way to communicate with them is thru the UPS. Grrrrr.

I finished the Jarhead blanket for our friend. We met him for breakfast at Annie's Sunday morning and I gave it to him then. I did it on purpose because I knew he would be touched and he would have to react in front of all those people. They made quite a to-do about the blanket. I was embarrassed by the attention. It did come out nice. I will post a pic of it soon so you can see the end result. Now I am working on My Blanket, the Striped Scrap, the Scrap, the Granny Scrap and will start a new one probably tonight for a waitress at Annie's (Missy) who is pregnant with a baby girl.

IPOD SONG OF THE DAY: "La Grange" by ZZTop. One of my all time favorite songs. When you are shooting pool and this song is playing - you cannot shoot badly. It's just the law.

3 comments:

birdman said...

vrey vivid dreams are freaky but cool at the same time... and I am sure there was some cool lesbo stuff going on.

food and tobacco... I guess that works.... sometimes a guy just has to find himself...

I would love to see the blanket....

not a fan ofhte ZZ Top.... like the beards and the hot chicks though...

ninjunkie951 said...

Were you sad about Eight Belles?

R said...

Not that many people like my blog. Except for you and Army guys stationed in Germany, that is. Thanks!