Wednesday, September 10, 2008

No clever title

Blah. That's how I am feeling today. I went to bed late (1:30) and although I did get sleep this morning I woke feeling...not tired, but restless. I got all dressed to go ride, stopped at Starbucks for breakfast and a few minutes of crocheting and just couldn't see myself doing much of anything the rest of the day. I realized sitting at Starbucks how it's difficult for me to fit in with any other women. There were three women there chatting about their kids in school. They were all probably my age; maybe a few years younger and their kids were in middle school. Mine are all grown; out on their own; soon to be parents, soldiers, etc. I just started to think about life and what it means to me to relax and enjoy it and I promptly packed up my yarn and instead of driving to the barn today I came home and here I am! Lucky you!! LOL

If all goes well, I will not HAVE to look for work until after the first of the year. I am enjoying the time off I have now very much. The DH has been a huge part of this and I can't thank him enough for taking the stress off of me. At the same time I wish I were bringing in more than just what the unemployment pays. I can't have everything though, so I'm trying to hard to produce quality crochet products that will sell.

Tonight is the second episode of "Sons of Anarchy". I'm looking forward to it. Like I said, it's a bit rough around the edges, but I like seeing the bikes and getting a peak into the biker club lifestyle - even if it's probably not the normal bike club of today. I am still taking the rider's course in November and then with luck will have a bike at Christmas. I have been reading a lot of blogs and forums regarding first time bike owners and their fear of riding. Seems it takes time to log on miles on your bike in different kinds of traffic and road conditions. After reading that information it makes much more sense now why there are so many used bikes with low miles. I guess women as a rule have a harder time riding solo and getting up the courage to just take their bike out on their own to gain experience of the road. Although there is no sure way to tell if I will fall into that category, I am thinking I know myself pretty good and I will be able to ride on my own. My next purchase is a pair of biker boots. There are so many styles to choose from it's difficult to know which I like. I mean, I can rule out the ones with heels. LOL But I also don't want to look like a dyke... =)

Tomorrow is the oldest's doctor appointment for his pregnant gf. We are wondering if he will call us with the news since he doesn't call us about anything else, we seriously doubt it.

SONG OF THE BLOG: "Animals" by Nickelback. . I LOVE THIS SONG. I know it's old but it's on my playlist and I love it.

PHOTO OF THE BLOG: 2004 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200. I like this bike. I don't like the color, but I like how it looks. I like the saddlebags. Only thing is that mine will have the double seat.


No comments: