Friday, September 5, 2008

Massage Envy

That's the name of the place I am going tomorrow morning at 8am for a 1.5 hour massage. I cannot wait - needless to say. I don't think I've ever shared this, but when I am stressed and tense I wish I could be runover by a steamroller. Just the thought of being squished and stretched to capacity makes me woozie. I'm like a video game - I will pop back up once the steamroller has passed and I will feel better than I did when I was born. I hope that's what this massage manages to do for me.

I have been working hot and heavy on the Raiders blanket. The DH and I are going to set up the Etsy 'store' this weekend and update the web site. That means with luck "Originals by Red" will be available to the World. It's kind of exciting, but I'm still not convinced my originals are anything anyone will want to buy. Time will tell I suppose...

It looks like the soldier is getting hit with Hurricane Hanna. I'm sure the Army has them locked down so I'm not worried about him. We made the reservations to see him the end of the month. The DH and I are excited and very proud. =)

Harley update: I will be taking the Rider's Edge course in November. That's cool - I'm fine with that. Just one step closer to getting my bike. Every indication is that the market will be flooded with used bikes when I'm ready to start looking. Buyers with cold, hard cash can get sweet deals on mid-life crisis bikes purchased by, well, women like me going thru a mid-life crisis... Gee, does that sound a little pathetic or am I just being overly sensitive? (where are those damn happy pills???)

Our oldest posted pics on MySpace of his recent trip to California. Oddly there are no pics of anyone except him, his gf and his bio mom. As I looked at the pics I realized he didn't break out his digi cam while he was in our house. Guess the other side of the family isn't photogenic enough. I mean, who would want to remember the Monopoly game? Or the killer bbq? His only sis and her beau? Or the horses? Or going to Honeycutt's? Yeah, nothing to see / remember here folks, move along....

So after reading JamieLynn's bucket list posting, I'm putting together one of my own... More to follow on that one...

I'm trying very hard to be positive about our oldest. It's difficult. I really feel like they are in a lose-lose situation. I am hoping for the best, but preparing myself for the worst. It's difficult to be happy about a baby considering the circumstances. At the same time, it is a baby and our grandchild. We should feel excited and anxious...rather than concerned and suspicious. I hope I'm dead wrong and they live happily ever after as man/wife and have many more children to follow this one. I mean, that's all we ever really want for our kids - is for them to be safe and happy, right?


SONG OF THE BLOG: "Trying to Love You" by Trisha Yearwood. I love this song for very personal reasons that shall remain that way!

PHOTO OF THE BLOG:


1 comment:

birdman said...

so while I am bustin out some serious miles you are getting a massage.... someting does not sound right.

I am sure you will sell you blankets... you do good work.

When you are a biker are you going to run drugs and kick ass at bars?????

The phrase that you never stop worring about your kids is true and you always want the best - I hope it works out also!!!