Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Interesting day

It's gonna be an interesting day. I woke up this morning feeling it and although I often want to run and put my head in the sand, I know I cannot do that any longer.



I am starting to finally ENJOY my time off from work. Yesterday I actually was quite productive and shampooed our family room and living room carpet. Looks much nicer now and has a cleaner feel to it. I will eventually get around to the path from the kitchen to the garage. That takes a little more coordination since it's a main thorough fair!



The youngest son leaves for Army basic training on July 14th. He selected NBC (Nuclear, Biological & Chemical) warfare as his job choice and is very excited about going and getting the heck out of town. He reminds me of me when I was his age. Couldn't wait to see what life had to offer.



Tomorrow I will be getting up early and going to the Quarter Horse event in Temecula. I am pretty excited about it. I love watching horses and this is a great opportunity to see a lot of things I haven't seen before. Well, I've seen it but never has the chance been available for me to seriously learn the horses/riders movements. It is supposed to last from 8-8. Not sure I will make it til 8pm but we'll see what happens.



We have a feeling it won't be long till our oldest is getting married - again. He met a nice girl in Phoenix named Kelly and they seem to be getting serious fast. As he describes it - "sometimes you just know". We are giving him a ration of crap for being so gay, but it's just his style. Anyway, we are already having to think about the possibility of attending the wedding and having to deal with DH's parents and their NBF, the DH's ex. Ugh.



The DH and I are headed to Vegas on the 20th. Some friends of ours are driving and provided us with a comp'd room. They always go to the Rio. We have never been there, so we are looking forward to it. They called last night to let us know what time they will be picking us up on Sunday. Ready? They are leaving their house at 3am to pick us up at 4am. I am not joking. They are serious. Apparently Nancy turns into a completely different woman in Vegas and her husband Phil puts her on a budget and they only go once a year so she doesn't want to waste any time. LOL We think it's hilarious and honestly could care less. We have our Jarhead friend down the street taking care of the horses and cats. We are set for a fun 3 days in Vegas!!



SONG OF THE BLOG: "Harder to Breathe" by Marroon 5.



PHOTO OF THE BLOG: My new pair of HD sandals. Only mine are black.

2 comments:

the mama said...

come on over and give my living room a shampooing since you enjoy it so much!!

why do people get comped rooms?? my sister and her husband stayed at the rio and there room was comped too??

have fun and relax! let vegas take your mind off of all the stuff that is making you want to bury your head in the sand...

Wrider II said...

When you play with a player's club card you rack up points. When you go to stay at the hotel again, you call the players club and then wheel/deal for comp'd rooms, meals, shows, etc...