Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Here it is Sunday night and I'm nowhere near ready for the weekend to come to an end. It flew by, like they all do anymore. I know part of the problem is my naps. I get so tired during the day that I just crash for a couple of hours. It's a habit I wish I could break. Sort of like requiring 7-8 hours of sleep at night in order to function. I can't change that no matter how much I wish I could. So I need to cherish the weekend hours I am actually awake... Seems like a daunting task.

This evening I picked the daughter up from the airport. She went over for the weekend to see her new nephew. I knew it could be emotionally draining for her and it was. She went to see the gparents while she was there and of course, the discussion turned to the family. It's never an easy thing to have to live with - family disfunction in it's most evil and raw form. I am not happy to be in this one right now. If I could somehow opt out I think I would do so, but we all know that's not possible so here I am. For better or worse as they say. All I know is that it occupies way too much of my time and energy and I don't know how much of either I have left. Sadly we did get confirmation that the DH's brother is a liar and has gone back to Phoenix with a bucket full of BS. Nice to know all of the DH's efforts to help his bro got shoved right back down his throat. It's sickening in a way at how easily blood can turn on their own. We know now he can never be trusted and the DH says that bridge has been burned. The only good thing that came out of it all is that now his mother knows he is capable and does lie.

It was hot again today. The DH and I went to breakfast and afterwards went back to the old barn and got the rest of our belongings; black mats that weigh a ton, white water buckets and the black feed tubs. We got them home and although against all regs we hosed the black mats down anyway - and right on the driveway. They still sit there as I type. We hope they lose some of the horsey smell because our plans are to lie them inside the garage for safe keeping until we move to our own place. They are $50 a piece and we have four. No way are we giving them away.

I worked on a bag today that I am going to call "Martini". It's black with a pink and olive stripe pattern. For some reason it just reminds me of a Martini... Not sure yet about the liner. I have several fabrics to choose from in my stash. I hope to start that on Tuesday. Right now I have 3 bags total for the Oct craft fair in Ohio. There is a solo bag at the salon that I might pull back to ship. Haven't decided just yet. My cousin suggested using Bengals, UC Bearcats and Xavier colors because they are big sellers. I need to explore that option for scarves I do believe.

Thursday night is the final "Thirsty Thursday" at the ballpark. Brings an end to the summer season. Can't believe Labor Day is just around the corner. Not sure yet about how my work week will be effected. The Marines are off on a 96. Not really much to do when the Marines aren't around, so we'll see what happens.

Football season is right around the corner. I'm happy about this because I really do enjoy watching it now that I know more about it. Go Colts!

Lastly - WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYONE???????????????????????? WHY AREN'T YOU BLOGGING AND/OR COMMENTING??????????????????????????

SONG OF THE BLOG: "Dead Flowers" by Miranda Lambert. Sad song but man is it well written...

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm here! And commenting! And yes, I am ready for fall.