Sunday, October 4, 2009

Life is funny

Sometimes I believe in miracles. Most of the time I believe things happen for a reason and there are no such things as coincidences. I have been going through so much lately it's hard to get through the chaos without throwing up my hands and surrendering. But I keep plugging along. Mostly because the sun comes up every day and people depend on me. I'm not sure that's the real reason. It's probably just my survival instincts kicking in and the fact that I just have always lived with a great deal of hope and positivity in my life.

I was just doing something the other day out of desperation and a feeling of overwhelming pain and loss. Low and behold the very next day something happens that makes me think God does answer prayers. Makes me believe I am not crazy. Makes me wonder if something isn't changing in my life. Makes me think about a lot.

I have been down all weekend with a cold. It ruined my plans to ride my Harley and my horse, but with the work week ahead I couldn't afford to be sick and have to take time off, so I gave in and stayed in bed, rested when I felt like it and took my meds. Tonight I am feeling much better. The sneezing has all but stopped. No more headache and thankfully, no more coughing. That was the worst - the coughing. Ugh.

The youngest will be home in 13 days. I'm very excited to see him. My little Soldier! He would be embarrassed to hear me say that. I am still his Mom after all.

OK, that's it for this time. Still no comments from the regulars. Still no one else is blogging. Still I continue to blog.

SONG OF THE BLOG: None. I haven't heard a song all weekend long.

2 comments:

Susu سوين said...

It's hard to stay positive when everything around you is going wrong...we really have to look at the little things in life and realize that they are often the biggest reasons why we should be happy...stay positive! God is always there and after the storm, comes the overwhelming sense of peace....

BTW- SOLDIER PICS PLEASE! #shameless

Debbie said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I was sick last year with a terrible cough and broke a rib. I can certainly empathize with you.